The Gulfport-Biloxi International airport has recently concluded its 15-year Noise Mitigation Program. This noise abatement project was designed to minimize the impact of aircraft noise from the airport onto its surrounding homes, apartments and a school through sound insulation and easement acquisition. It was funded through a combination of federal FAA grants as well as State and Airport matches.
As a result:
- Homes Sound Insulated – 790
- Apartments Sound Insulated – 18
- Schools Sound Insulated -1
- Parcels Acquired – 10
- Avigation Easements – 311
Total Program Dollars From 2005-2020 = $42,454,070
- FAA Federal Grants – $39,889,682
- State Match – $1,282,194
- Airport Match – $1,282,194
Click on the image below to view the interactive project map.