History

  • Constructed in 1942 to train B-25 and B-29 flight crews for WWII
  • Gulfport field conveyed from the War Department to City of Gulfport in 1949
  • Southern Airways and National Airlines provided passenger and cargo service in the early 1950s
  • In 1977 the Cities of Gulfport and Biloxi and Harrison County established Gulfport-Biloxi Regional Airport Authority