All commercial airlines currently operating at GPT now require passengers & employees to wear masks or face coverings. Protective plexiglass barriers and social distancing floor markers are located at check-in counters. Enhanced aircraft cleaning protocols, including fogging & electrostatic spraying, are being utilized after every flight. Inflight food & beverage services have been reduced or suspended to minimize the spread of germs. Please visit your respective carrier’s website at the link below for more information.
· American Airlines- https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/coronavirus-updates.jsp#socialdistancing
· Delta Air Lines- https://www.delta.com/content/www/us/en/travel-update-center/overview.html
· United Airlines- https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/united-cleanplus.html
· Gulf Coast Grill and Taproom and Coast Roast are now opening at 6:00 a.m. for carryout and dine-in service with limited menu options. Tables are spaced at a safe distance of 6 feet with no more than 6 people per table.
· Faber News & Gifts remains open 1.5 hours before each flight until departure.
· The Global Entry Enrollment Office will reopen July 7, 2020, and the USO Center’s reopening date is TBD.
TSA Summer Travel Updates
- Travelers should keep possession of their boarding passes. Instead of handing their boarding pass to a TSA officer at the travel document podium, travelers should now place their boarding pass (paper or electronic) on the boarding pass reader themselves.
- Travelers are encouraged to wear face protection to the checkpoint. Please note, however, passengers may need to adjust it during the screening process.
- Travelers are allowed up to 12 oz of liquid hand sanitizer through security. Disinfectant wipes are also allowed.
- Passengers should allow for social distancing to reduce direct contact between employees and travelers whenever possible without compromising security.
- The REAL ID deadline has been extended by 1 year to October 1, 2021.
For more information, please visit: https://www.tsa.gov/news/press/releases/2020/05/21/tsa-prepared-summer-travelers-updated-security-procedures
Air Service Updates
GPT provides essential transportation services to our community and remains open. However, some flight schedules have been impacted due to the current travel environment. Passengers are encouraged to directly contact their airline regarding any potential cancellations or schedule changes.
Faber News & Gifts remains open offering a selection of publications, t-shirts, snacks and gifts. In-terminal restaurants and bars have closed seating areas but are still offering carryout and grab & go food options from the Coast Roast counter. The USO Center and Global Entry Enrollment Office are temporarily closed.
GPT continues to monitor the ongoing developments with COVID-19 and is making adjustments to operations as needed. We want to thank our partners who continue to play a critical role ensuring the safety, health and security of passengers.
Forrest General Hospital reported this afternoon that the Forrest County individual who tested positive for COVID-19 recently traveled through Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport. The MSDH State Epidemiologist and Forrest General Hospital Chief Medical Officer have both advised that any person who came into contact with the individual is not in danger of contagion as the person was not displaying symptoms at the time.
GPT AIRPORT CORONAVIRUS PREPAREDNESS
The Airport remains vigilant in conducting enhanced cleaning procedures and reminds travelers to continue following the CDC and MSDH recommendations detailed above. We look forward to serving you on upcoming and future travels.
GULFPORT, Miss. – The Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport, in coordination with the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH), is continuing to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19). The Airport has seen no impacts to regular operations but encourages travelers to contact their airline regarding any potential schedule changes.
Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport takes precautions to prevent the spread of illnesses like COVID-19 and protect its passengers and employees. In addition to normal cleaning procedures, the Airport’s custodial team is conducting additional cleanings in frequently touched areas like handrails, door handles and other hard surfaces. Hand sanitizing dispensers are located throughout the terminal for passengers and employees to use. Restroom handwashing stations are also located throughout the terminal both before and after security.
Passengers are encouraged to follow the CDC’s guidance for preventing the spread of COVID-19. These guidelines include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
“While it’s critically important to remain vigilant and take useful precautions in times like these, it’s equally important to make calm, rational, and fact-based decisions,” noted the U.S. Travel Association.
We look forward to serving you on upcoming and future travels. Thank you for flying Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- For more information about COVID-19 for travelers and travel related industries, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/.
- For updates on MSDH’s response to the COVID-19 situation, visit healthyms.com/coronavirus.
- MSDH implemented a coronavirus hotline, available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 877-978-6453.